IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens or has signatory authority on an Account. These procedures are designed to prevent crimes, such as identity theft and account fraud that helps the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. The definition of an account covers a broad range of regular financial transactions such as deposit, transaction, asset or credit accounts or other extensions of credit.
What this means is that when an account is opened, or changed, we will request name, address, date of birth and other information that will permit the credit union to verify your identity. We may also request a driver’s license or other documentation necessary to validate such identity.
Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated.
Membership is open to employees of
- the County of Essex
- the State of New Jersey who work in the Essex County judiciary, probation, and correction in the Essex County Court House complex or outposts
- Persons whose principal place of business is located in the Essex County Court House complex or outpost
- Additionally, any immediate family member is eligible to become a member.
A family member is defined as a spouse, parent, child, stepchild or legally adopted child. A family member does not include brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins or in-laws.
A $5.00 membership fee must be submitted with each completed membership application and $50.00 must be deposited into the new account to meet the minimum share balance required for membership. Shares are equivalent to dollars in savings.
Since it remains a privilege to be a member of the Credit Union, it therefore must be understood that if a member demonstrates a lack of respect for the Credit Union or its personnel, her/his action may result in having her/his membership terminated.
- Print this application.
- Be sure to read and complete all of this form
- Signatures of Primary Owner and any Joint Owner(s) are required.
- You will be required to provide ID and a signature at a later date
- Return completed form with initial minimum deposit of $50. This is not a fee, it is the 1st deposit into your Share Savings account. (application fee has been waived) to Essex County Employees Federal Credit Union.
- Sorry, we cannot accept Membership Applications online - we need your original signature and ID to protect you.
Download and print the application. (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to download)