The Essex County (NJ) Employees Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1935.
We are located in Room 221, Hall of Records, 465 ML King Boulevard, Newark, NJ 07102-1705
Office Hours are 9 AM to 3 PM Monday through Friday.
Membership is open to employees of
- the County of Essex
- the State of New Jersey who work in the Essex County judiciary, probation, and correction in the Essex County Court House complex or outposts
- Persons whose principal place of business is located in the Essex County Court House complex or outpost
- Additionally, any immediate family member is eligible to become a member.
A family member is defined as a spouse, parent, child, stepchild or legally adopted child. A family member does not include brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins or in-laws.
A $5.00 membership fee must be submitted with each completed membership application and $50.00 must be deposited into the new account to meet the minimum share balance required for membership. Shares are equivalent to dollars in savings.
Since it remains a privilege to be a member of the Credit Union, it therefore must be understood that if a member demonstrates a lack of respect for the Credit Union or its personnel, her/his action may result in having her/his membership terminated.
- Print this application.
- Be sure to read and complete all of this form
- Signatures of Primary Owner and any Joint Owner(s) are required.
- You will be required to provide ID and a signature at a later date
- Return completed form with initial minimum deposit of $50.This is not a fee, it is the 1st deposit into your Share Savings account.(application fee has been waived) to Essex County Employees Federal Credit Union.
- Sorry, we cannot accept Membership Applications online, we need your original signature and ID to protect you.
- Click here for our downloadable/printable membership application
Policies are subject to change without notice.
Unscheduled Closings and Delayed Openings
In the event of an emergency or inclement weather, the Credit Union will follow the schedule for the State Judiciary Courts in Essex County. To find the Courts closing or delayed openings, go to the website www.Judiciary.State.NJ.US/closings.htm